On this cycle holiday you will discover the coast of Corsica as well as its interior. The kilometres follow one another but they are far from being the same; with different landscapes every day. You will meet proud island inhabitants who will want to share their enthusiasm with you for their local culture and gastronomy. This is a great trip that will leave you with fantastic memories of Corsica and will make you want to return for more!
You will be accommodated in carefully selected hotels, rooms in a guesthouse or inns according to the availability at the time of the reservation.
Trip available with our digital road-book.
Your day by day program
Your holiday starts in Bastia at your hotel in the afternoon. If you have time to discover the capital of "Haute Corse", it's worthwhile visiting the old port and the citadel. From the old city there are wonderful panoramic views over the sea and surroundings. For dinner, we advise you to go to the old port which has a very lively atmosphere in the summer.
Night in Bastia.
This morning you'll pedal along the east side of the Cape of Corsica, only a stone's throw from the sea. You'll then cross the island to join the west coast of the Cape with its dramatic cliffs. The route is strewn with Genoese and Paoline towers as well as old convents and mills. The landscape, including the small fishing ports is splendid.
59km (D+ : 1071m ; D- : 1794m ; Min. : 1m ; Max. : 381m)
or 79km (D+ : 1357m ; D- : 1081m ; Min. : 1m ; Max. : 358m)
Night stay in a charming village.
Today you'll leave the Cape to pedal southward towards Saint-Florent. According to your chosen route, you will be able to discover the village of Patrimonio, famous in the whole of Corsica for its vineyards. Tastings are possible in the cellars of the village. In Saint-Florent, do not fail to visit the citadel and to stroll around the port and its small commercial streets.
31km (D+ : 401m ; D- : 699m ; Min. : 2m ; Max. : 306m)
or 48km (D+ : 911m ; D- : 1212m ; Min. : 5m ; Max. : 524m)
Night in Saint-Florent.
Today you are in the heart of the Desert des Agriates. From hamlet to hamlet, you cross this superb 'desert' covered in the local maquis scrub (which has a fantastic smell and is amazing in the spring when the maquis is in blossom). Returning to the coast, you will soon arrive at your accommodation, not far from Ile Rousse.
48km (D+ : 843m ; D- : 642m ; Min. : 1m ; Max. : 363m)
69km (D+ : 1296m ; D- : 1098m ; Min. : 1m ; Max. : 458m)
or 80km (D+ : 1531m ; D- : 1330m ; Min. : 1m ; Max. : 683m)
Night in a village near to Ile Rousse.
Today you'll get 2 options: resting and lazing around or exploring the pretty villages of the Balagne by bike. 2 loops for you today: a short one towards Codole lake or a longer one towards the bewitching stone villages perched in the middle of nowhere, with an astonishing beauty that hasn't changed with time.
approximately 30km (D+ : 489m ; D- : 492m ; Min. : 62m ; Max. : 374m)
or 76km (D+ : 1500m ; D- : 1500m ; Max. : 530m)
Night in the mountains, in a 3-star hotel
You will continue into the villages of the Balagne by discovering superb testimonies of the past through old churches and convents. You will follow the border of the Natural reserve of Corsica until you reach the Golo river valley, your stop for the night. This day will be marked by the numerous animals that you will meet wandering in freedom: cows, pigs, goats...
approximately 48km (D+ : 493m ; D- : 1146m ; Min. : 127m ; Max. : 922m)
61km (D+ : 957m ; D- : 1600m ; Min. : 129m ; Max. : 919m)
or 73km (D+ : 1143m ; D- : 1807m ; Min. : 97m ; Max. : 922m)
Your last day of riding will take you either through the villages of the Nebbiu region or through the Castagniccia region, both known for their chapels and the chestnut forests. Royal Milan (Red Kites) are widespread in this area; you are likely to see them hovering over your heads. Your stop for the night will be in a village close to the airport.
approximately 34km (D+ : 472m ; D- : 604m ; Min. : 16m ; Max. : 284m)
53km (D+ : 1198m ; D- : 1332m ; Min. : 13m ; Max. : 745m)
or 57km (D+ : 1025m ; D- : 1136m ; Min. : 16m ; Max. : 876m)
After your breakfast, a transfer can be organized towards the airport or the ferry port. End of holiday.
From April to the end of October.
- Your hotel in Bastia on the afternoon on day 1 (possibility of pick up at the airport).
- After breakfast on day 8. A transfer can be organised to the airport or the ferry port at your request.
- Nights in hotels, auberges and guest-houses in rooms of 2 persons. A mixture of 2 and 3 star accommodation.
- Minimum of 2 persons
- This program offers you the choice of distance you wish to ride each day, however, please be aware that on all routes there are a lot of hills! You can adapt the stages to your ability. The distances vary from a minimum of 30km to a maximum of 80km. The longest minimum stage is 63km. The first stage is the longest, but also the easiest in terms of terrain.
- The transfers of your luggage is ensured by vehicle. Thus you only have to carry your things needed for the day (picnic, camera, etc).
- Single room : 325€
- Summer departures (mid June - mid September) : 50€
- Hybrid bike rental - TREK FX2 : 130€
- Electric bike rental - TREK UM3+ : 190€
- Aluminium road bike rental (compact crankset) - TREK Domane AL3 : 190€
- Carbon road Bike rental (Disc brake) - TREK Emonda SL6 : 270€
- The transfer of the luggage, local assistance, nights in double rooms in inns, hotels or guesthouses, Bed and Breakfast.
- Transfer to the meeting point and to the drop off point, the transfer not planned in the program, the meals, the bikes, the insurances, drinks, the visits of sites, the optional activities and the personal expenses.