Discover the south of Burgundy famous for its hospitality, rich traditions, history and excellent wines: Gevrey Chambertin, Aloxe Corton, Vougeot, Puligny-Montrachet...
Through this delightful itinerary, from Mâcon to Cluny via Tournus, let yourself be surprised by the enchanting landscapes, peaceful villages, rivers and canals of the region.
Your day by day program
The first day of arrival in Mâcon you will meet our representative who will give you your bikes and travel documents. Begin by peddling the Green Way to reach Cluny, a very important town. The Abbey was one of the largest in Europe until the 16th century. Cluny and Saint Philibert are two of the 250 Romanesque churches.
Night in a 2-star hotel.
Leave Cluny by the Greenway and cycle for 44km on this old railway track which has been transformed into a cycle path. Come off the path to visit an eleventh century church, take a break in a village or visit the castle of Cormatin.
Cycle into Chalon, the birth city of Nicephore Niepce, the inventor of photography. The Gothic cathedral located in the heart of the city, the chapel and the pharmacy of the old hospital are all worth a visit.
Night in a 3-star hotel.
Today's ride takes you along the Saône to Tournus. Here, the old Abbey St Philibert is waiting to be visited.
Night in a 4-star hotel.
Leave Tournus by the banks of the Saône and cycle within peaceful surroundings to Macon.
After this final ride you have to say goodbye to this charming region of France!
Every Friday, Saturday and Sunday from 20/03 to 01/11.
- Beginning of the trip in Mâcon, where your bikes and travel documents will be delivered.
- End of your trip in Mâcon, after the last cycle ride.
- 1st night in a 2-stars hotel, 2nd night in a 3-stars hotel and last night in a 4-stars hotel.
- From 2 persons
- Moderate level: from 26km to 51km per day.
- Take only your essentials for the day (picnic, camera etc.)
- Half-board supplement : 135€
- Single room supplement : 145€
- Helmet rental : 5€
- GPS rental (deposit 80€) : 60€
- Hybrid bike rental : 70€
- E-bike rental : 145€
- Discount for standard version (2 and 3-star lodging) : -70€
- 3 nights in double rooms in 2,3 and 4 stars hotels.
- The breakfasts
- Luggage transfers
- Detailed maps
- 24-hour hotline
- Transfer to the meeting point and from the point of dispersion
- The insurance
- Lunch, evening meals
- Tourist taxes
- Bicycle rental