With this cycling trip, discover the wild and wind-swept Cape of the Isle of Beauty and enjoy riding along its beautiful coastline. During your stay, you will come across many Genoese towers, enjoy views across the Mediterranean to the Tuscan islands of Elba and Capraia, and meet welcoming locals who are proud of their traditions and their “cucina corsa”.
So, embark on this fantastic cycling adventure and experience Corsica like never before!
Your day by day program
Your holiday starts in Bastia, the capital of northern Corsica (Haute-Corse). Depending upon your time of arrival, you will have the opportunity to visit the citadel, the old part of town or to stroll down to the Vieux-Port.
Our recommendation: go to one of the restaurants on the Vieux-Port if you wish to enjoy traditional Corsican food.
Night in Bastia.
After breakfast, leave Bastia and follow the northeastern coastline. Along the way, you will be able to enjoy magnificent views over majestic little coves and the crystal-clear waters of the Mediterranean. Do not hesitate to go for a nice relaxing swim at the beach. Enjoy stopping in the charming fishing village of Erbalunga, before reaching Sisco. Night in Sisco.
Distance: 15km or 30km.
Today, follow the coastline and head to Macinaggio – the northernmost “town” on the whole island. Once there, enjoy swimming in the sea or strolling down the beach. Feeling energized by the cycle ride, you may wish to walk along the coastline on the "sentier des douaniers". Night in Macinaggio.
This is a spectacular journey crossing from the east to the west coast, offering stunning views over the craggy cliffs of the Cape of Corsica. These landscapes are some of the most beautiful and impressive on the Isle of Beauty. Today's journey ends in Canari. Be prepared for the long climb up to the village, but the magnificent views will make it worth it!
Night in the village of Canari.
Descend from the village and continue along the west coast with stunning views towards Saint Florent and the Desert des Agriates. Enjoy riding through Nonza, one of the most spectacular villages in Corsica. Famous for its black sandy beach and the village itself, which perches high on the rocks above. Nonza also boasts wonderful historical monuments such as its beautiful weathered Genoese tower.
While descending the Cape, you will also notice that the landscapes progressively change from rugged cliffs to mountain peaks, then rolling vineyard hills as far as the eye can see. We recommend that you visit and explore the wine cellars of the village of Patrimonio, otherwise known as the Corsican capital of winemaking.
Night in Saint-Florent.
Distance: 32 or 35km.
Make the most out of your last day of cycling and climb up to the Col de Teghime, culminating at 536m. From these alpine heights, you will be able to enjoy panoramic views over both the east and the west Coast of Corsica, with the Gulf of Saint Florent on your left and the Etang de Biguglia (a vast salt water lagoon) on your right. A truly wonderful experience and a marvellous feast of colours!
Distance: 20 or 25km.
Your trip ends here after breakfast. Additional days can be added to your stay upon request
From the beginning of March to the end of October.
- At your hotel in Bastia.
- At your hotel in Bastia.
- Comfortable hotels (double or twin bedrooms).
- From 2.
- Easy. Accessible to everyone including children. Distances: from 17 and up to 32km a day.
- Luggage transfers by vehicle. You will only need to take with you what you wish to have available during the ride (wallet, camera, picnic lunch, water etc.).
- Supplement for July and August departures : 60€
- Single room : 240€
- Hybrid bike (21 gears) rental : 70€
- Hybrid bike (Specialized) rental : 110€
- Electric bike rental : 150€
- Alu road bike (Specialized) rental : 160€
- Carbon road bike (Look Ultegra) rental : 200€
- Carbon road bike (Look Ultegra + 100% carbon wheels) rental : 290€
- Corsica cycling jersey : 39€
- GPS rental : 50€
- GPS tracks on USB stick : 25€
- Luggage transfers, Nights in 2 and 3 stars hotels (double or twin bedrooms) one night in traditionnal hotel, luggage labels, a map, a roadbook and your accomodation list.
- Transfers to the meeting point and from the point of dispersal, transfers which are not included in the tour, meals and beverages, bike rental, insurance, visits of tourist sites, optional activities which are not included in the tour, personal expenses.