Leaving from Toulouse, a splendid tour along the Canal du Midi, a UNESCO World Heritage site. On this trip, you'll discover Castelnaudary and the superb fortified city of Carcassonne.
Your day by day program
Arrival in Toulouse and check into your hotel.
Night in a hotel***.
After an excellent breakfast, make your way to the rental agency, a 10-minute walk from your hotel. There's a succession of locks on this leg, as well as small harbours of undeniable charm. The route is charming, mostly in the shade of ancient trees. You'll reach Castelnaudary, which has "Cassoulet" emblazoned across the front of every restaurant.
Approximately 60 km leg.
Overnight in a 3-star hotel.
This stage will take you through many vineyards. You'll discover some superb residences and take a wilder section of the Canal than the day before. The path is often narrower. You will finally arrive in Carcassonne, a beautiful fortified town. The Cité, a medieval jewel, remains lively throughout the season.
Overnight in a hotel***.
Approximately 43 km
End of trip after breakfast.
Every day except Saturday from early March to late October.
- 3-star hotels in double rooms.
- From 2
- Easy and flat paths. Distance: 40km a day.
- Luggage transfers by vehicle (1 per person) until the next stage.
- Single room : 225€
- Bike hire (Hybrid) including delivery and collection at the end of your stay, 1 helmet, 1 front pannier, 1 rear pannier (20 litres), lock and repair kit. : 140€
- Electric bike hire including delivery and collection at the end of your stay, 1 helmet, 1 front pannier, 1 rear pannier (20 litres), lock and repair kit. : 200€
- Nights in 3-star hotels
- Luggage transfers
- Maps and topographical guides on our application (a smartphone is required)
- Local telephone assistance
- Transfer to the meeting point and from the dispersal point
- Bike hire
- Lunches and dinners
- Everything not included in the price
- Train travel (approximately €20 from Carcassonne to Toulouse).
3 day self-guided leisure cycling tour around the Cape of Corsica and the Gulf of St Florent
Corsica - Leisure cycling - E-bike tours - Self-guided - E-bike - 3 days / 2 nights
The Great Crossing - From the Atlantic to the Mediterranean
Canal du Midi - Canal de Garonne - Atlantic Coast - Seas and rivers - Leisure cycling - Culture & gastronomy - E-bike tours - Self-guided - E-bike - 14 days / 13 nights