The beauty and charm of Sardinia becomes apparent during the first few kilometers of this enchanting cycle tour. An enchanting cycle tour through this charming Island, off the beaten track. From Alghero in the Northwest to Pula in the southeast. All along the west coast this route is a passage through the region's incredible history, marked by a succession of many civilizations.
Your day by day program
Arrival at Alghero airport. Transfer (not included) to your first lodging. Check-in and welcome.
Ride along the narrow streets of Alghero, the splendid Aragonese (Spanish) city on the Coral Riviera, where locals still speak the ancient Catalan dialect. Cycle to Capo Caccia and explore the Nettuno caves.
Distance: 54 km
From Alghero, bike along a scenic road above the cliffs overlooking the sea
and admire the view of the gulf of Alghero and Capo Caccia. Emotions continue as you catch a glimpse of the cliffs of Cape Marargiu, over which the last examples of griffin vultures circle. Your day ends in Bosa, a medieval town famous for its fine embroidery and gold filigree works.
Distance: 50 km
Today’s route is flanked by vineyards and olive groves as far as Flussio
and Tinnura, two small towns famous for their reed and wicker baskets
and for their murales (wall paintings). Then on through the pasturelands of Sagama, with Mediterranean brush landscape stretching as far as the eye can see, until you reach the springs of San Leonardo, the richest area in water of the whole Sardinia. At Santu Lussurgiu a well-deserved rest at a charming
diffuse hotel, consisting of several tastefully restored old houses.
Distance: 55 km
Today you will discover the splendid natural scenery of the Montiferru, a "slow-food" area famous for its much appreciated Sardinian-Modican cows and its typical casizzolu, a stretched curd cheese. The land slopes down to the sea, bringing us to the Marine Protected Area of the Sinis, home to pink flamingo and herons. Here we take a dirt track flanking a series of white quartz beaches. Then on through a charming fishermen’s hamlet, where you will find one of the most important Early Christian churches in Sardinia, and continue to Tharros, a fascinating archaeological site on the sea shore, with a wealth of Phoenician and Roman remains.
Distance: 54 km
Start your trip with an optional loop of the fascinating San Giovanni Sinis wetlands where we will see colonies of pink flamingos, quartz beaches and reach one of the most beautiful spots on the island: the Phoenician ruins of Tharros. Alternatively from Cabras go directly to the medieval historic centre of Oristano. From there on towards to Arborea, cycling along the lagoon of S’ena Arrubia and along country lanes.
Distance: 38/68 km
Today you will cycle through the natural beauties of the Costa Verde to Piscinas. From Arborea, you will cross a 13 kilometres long flat area. From Marceddì the landscape becomes more hilly, with low hills and sand dunes over 50 metres high. From Piscinas, a long climb with spectacular scenery takes us up into the hills for a night in a cosy agriturismo overlooking the Monte Linas.
Distance: 46/54 km
Another tough day with beautiful scenery! This stage takes you back to the ancient mining basin of Sardinia. After the golden sandy beach of Portixeddu and the cliff of Pan di Zucchero, you will admire the old ore washing plant of Nebida.
Distance: 41 km
After a beautiful descent to Fontanamare, you will arrive in Portoscuso and board the local ferry to Carloforte, where the locals still fish the bluefin tuna. From Carloforte, continue to the island of Sant'Antioco and end your day in Calasetta.
Distance: 43 km
Enjoy a morning lazing by your hotel's pool or explore the island of Sant'Antioco on foot or by bike to discover its coves, beaches, green meadows and small villages. Back on the mainland, in Tratalias, visit the Pisan Sanctuary, one of the most important monuments of the Sardinian Romanesque period. Afterwards, you will follow the shore of Lake Monte Pranu through vineyards and olive groves enjoying the quietness of the undulating plains of Sulcis.
Distance: 40 km
The final bouquet of your stay is the magnificent Costa Del Sur with its white sandy beaches. You will discover this remote, wild and beautiful region of Mediterranean bush, natural pools and imposing cliffs. A short diversion will take you to the beautiful Su Giudeu beach in Chia, while in Pula you can visit the ancient Phoenician town of Nora.
Distance: 57 km
After breakfast, end of services.
Possible transfer to Cagliari airport (optionnal).
Every Saturday departure all year round, it is possible to start other days paying an extra cost.
- At your first hotel. A transfer from Alghero or Olbia airport is possible on request.
- On Day 12, after breakfast. A transfer to Cagliari airport is possible on request.
- Accommodation for 11 nights in 3-star hotels and Agriturismo with en suite bathroom.
- From 2 people
- Daily distance between 36 and 68 km. E-bike rental available.
- Luggage transfers by vehicle. You only need to take your day bag with you (for picnics, cameras etc.).
- High season supplement (02/07-02/09) : 270€
- Single room supplement : 220€
- Non saturday departure supplement : 70€
- Bicycle rental (€20 each additional day) : 200€
- E-bike rental (€30 each additional day) : 350€
- Transfer from Alghero airport to 1st hotel (2 persons min. - extra person: -50%) : 25€
- Transfer from Olbia airport to 1st hotel in Alghero (2 persons min. - extra person: -50%) : 95€
- Transfer from last hotel to Cagliari airport (2 persons min. - extra person: -50%) : 45€
- Transfer of personnal bike : 15€
- • 11 Nights in 3-star hotels and Agriturismo with en suite bathroom
- • 11 Breakfasts
- • Tour presentation (welcome meeting/call)
- • Transfer at the end of day 7 (optional)
- • Baggage transportation from hotel to hotel
- • Supply of road notes and maps
- • Telephone assistance
- • Local Taxes (approx 10 €)
- • Admission to museums and archaeological sites
- • Tickets for ferries to Carloforte and Calasetta
- • Anything not mentioned in the including price
Corsica on an e-bike: GT 20 from Bastia to Bonifacio
Corsica - GT20 - Leisure cycling - E-bike tours - Self-guided - E-bike - 11 days / 10 nights