Considered as the most difficult and technical long-distance walk of Europe, the GR20 attracts walkers from all over the world looking for a challenge.
This circuit will allow you to discover the most beautiful and the wildest areas of Corsica. The North section of the GR20 is the hardest. The route in the North stays high on rocky paths, passing close by to the summits of many mountains.
Your day by day program
Transfer to the hamlet of Canaglia where we begin our trek along a superb mountain stream with natural pools. We climb to the heart of the valley of Manganellu until reaching the refuge (1840 m). Night in a tent or at the refuge. 5h00 of walking. + 1200m.
By the col (mountain pass) on the high route, you will discover the lakes of Restonica, under the watchful eyes of Monte Ritondu. You will climb to the breach of Capitello before descending to the refuge of Manganu. Night in a tent.
6 hours of walking. + 765m, -1005m.
Set in the middle of short green turf, the famous lake Ninu is stunningly offset with a backdrop of mountains. We traverse a labyrinth of small blue ponds (or pozzines) surrounded by a bright green natural lawn.
We start our descent where we discover in the far distance, the gulf of Sagone. At the Col de Saint Antoine, we walk through the heart of a conifer forest before reaching Verghio.
5h30 of walk, + 400m, -600m. Night in a lodge.
We will climb to the refuge of Ciuttolu di i Mori (1990 m). At the col de Foggiale we descend on a rocky path to the sheep-folds of Vallone.
You will need to carry the belongings you need for the night as you won’t have access to your main bag.
Night in a tent, evening meal at the auberge.
6 hours of walking, +760m, -720m.
We will pass the refuge of Tighjettu before climbing to the variant of the Cirque de la Solitude (closed because of the accident in June 2015), Bocca Crucetta and then the Pointe des Eboulis (2607 m).
Night and evening meal in a lodge at Haut Asco.
Altitude gain & loss: +900m, -650m
By the Bocca di Stagnu, at the foot of Punta A Muvrella (2148 m), we leave the valley of Ascu to arrive in the forest of Bonifatu. We will pass the lake of Muvrella and the footbridge of Spasimata.
7h00 walking, +730m, -1610m.
You start this last day before sunrise. Via the Mare a Mare Norht you reach the refuge of Ortu di Piobbu (1550m). The view on the sea is wonderfull and will remain all along the descent to Calenzana.
A transfer by bus is provided to Calvi, end of the trip on the late afternoon.
7h30 walking, +1000m, -1250m.
|22 September 2018||28 September 2018||700 €||4 more persons required||Book|
- Ajaccio. Meet at the bus and maritime station at 8.00am on day 1. Our team will then take care of your main luggage. Be ready and prepared for the first walk.
- Calvi (the walk should finish around 17h00 at Bonifatu, return to Calvi around 17h45).
- Accommodation is provided in the way of tents (matresses provided) and in refuges (dormitories).
- Minimum 6
- You need to be used to trekking in the mountains. Average 6-7 hours of hiking per day on sometimes difficult trails.
- - You will need to carry your personal belongings for 3 days (about 9kg) : day 1-2 & 3. - You will need to carry your main bag for 2 days (about 8kg) : day 4 & 5. - You will need to carry your "daily" bag for 2 days : on day 6 & 7. Access to your main luggage 3 times during the trip in the evening: day 3, 5 & 6.
- Full board option.
- Local assistance of a mountain guide.
- Luggage assistance.
- Transport options to the meeting point.
- Transport options from the ending point.
- Personal expenses.