Piedmont is a real paradise for gourmets. Prestigious white wines, delicious chocolate and sweet landscape of hills covered by regular rows of vineyards; in the distance the majestic circle of the alps. Piedmont is elegance and style.
Although renowned for its superb food and some of the best wines in Italy, Piedmont is a true paradise for gourmets, this region also displays a trluly magnificient landsacape of gentle green hills and lovely valleys with picturesque villages tucked away and waiting to be explored!
Our tour starts in Turin, a city with a prestigious past evident in the breath-taking Baroque city centre, filled with ornate palaces and churches. The tour meanders along river Po to the foothills of the mountains towards the small medieval towns Pinerolo and Saluzzo. We also stay in Cherasco or Bas, "the capital of gourmet", and sample fine wines in the city of Alba, famed for its white truffle. We cycle through a landscape composed of roundish hills and Apennine spurs, sights of forests, vines and meadows until we reach our final destination Casale Monferrato, a beautifiul city situated on the bank of the river Po. This is the perfect way to get away from the stress of everyday life, enjoy plenty of fresh air, breathtaking scenery and well-earned Italian dinners - Magnifico!
Your day by day program
You spend the first night in the vibrant city of Turin, a city with a prestigious past evident in the breathtaking Baroque city centre, filled with ornate places and churches.
Today you cycle on flat roads along the river Po, on cycle path or small roads to the foot of the mountains. You get to the hunting palace of Stupinigi, royal residence of the family Savoia, masterpiece built by the architect Filippo Juvarra in rococo style; then through lovely parkland along the rivers, you get to the lovely town of Pinerolo.
About 51 km
The way is flat. Along country roads crossing orchards and vineyards, you get to Cavour with its curious “Rocca”, a morainic hill just in the middle of the flat, at the present time protected area. Along the day , in the small castle of Macello, the group will taste some typical food of Piemont. Overnight in Saluzzo, a medieval town.
About 46 km
Today you cycle towards Fossano with some uphill stages along the way. There are a lot of historic sites along the way - from the 15th Century frescoes in the castle of Manta to the ancient Roman town of Benevagienna. You arrive in Cherasco (7 centuries of culture and art) or Bra ("the gourmet capital" of the region!).
About 69 km
Day medium/easy; you are now in the Langhe wine-growing region, characterized by rolling hills, vineyards ans winding roads. Passing through Pollentia on the bank of the river Tanaro you pedal on the flat roads beside the river with a few hills on the way to Barolo. There is also the possibility to do the tour in the hills. Tonight's destination is Alba, home of the white truffle.
About 45 or 61 km
A magnificient route through vineyards and along panoramic path takes you to Asti, in the heart of Montferrato. You have the opportinuty to visit the historical centre with its famous towers, romantic monuments and the splendid gothic cathedral.
About 45 or 55 km
Medium difficulty. Today you cycle on the charming Monferrato hills to Moncalvo, where you will enjoy beautiful scenery. In the afternoon you reach your final destination - Casale, located on the left bank of river Po. You can celebrate the end of the tour by exploring this wonderful town with its many churches, castles and ancient courtyards, or simply sit back and toast a great wekk with a glass of local wine!
About 56 km
End of services after breakfast ; possibility of return to Torino by train or by private minibus (own bike included).
Every Saturday from March 26 to September 24
minimum 2 pax
Other dates : daily departures with a minimum of 4
pax, or with a supplement of 50 Euro per pax with less than 4 pax
- At your arrival at the hotel in Turin.
- In the morning of the 8th day, after the breakfast.
- Accommodation in 3 and 4 star hotel
- 2 people minimum
- Medium/easy; cycle paths and small roads; some dirt patches in fairly good conditions; flat from Torino to Fossano; some easy hills in the Langhe to Barolo and in the Monferrato from Asti to Casale; some possibilities to choose between short/long and easy/medium leg.
- Baggage transfer from hotel to hotel
- Single room supplement : 225€
- Half board supplement : 190€
- Rental bike (24-speed bike with free-wheel + 1 pannier bag & 1 tool kit) : 110€
- Rental E-bike (+ 1 pannier bag) : 200€
- Safety helmet : 6€
- Non Saturday departure (if less than 4 participants) : 50€
- · accommodation in 3 and 4 star hotel
- · bed & breakfast buffet
- · optional booking of half-board is possible
- · luggage transport
- · travel documents (route description, maps, tips for sightseeing,..)
- · parking place in Torino is possible (approx € 10 per day, to pay on spot)
- - service-hotline
- - personal tour information upon arrival in Turin
- · arrival and departure transfer
- · lunches & diners
- · visitor's tax
- · entrance fees to churches, museums,...
- · personal extras
- · everything not specified under the voice “the rate include”