This tour will offer you stunning panoramic views over the Mediterranean with scenic coastal rides from the Cape of Corsica to the town of Porto. With the daily backdrop of glorious mountain ranges, your journey will take you to the most authentic parts of Corsica located at the heart of the island.
Ride at your own pace while a support vehicle accompanies you throughout the trip.
A self-guided version of this tour with luggage transfers (two people minimum) can also be found on our website. For more details, please don’t hesitate to contact us!
Your day by day program
Depending on your time of arrival, you will be able to explore your surroundings. Bastia’s citadel, the old port and the ‘place St Nicolas’ are definitely worth a visit. If you decide to come by plane, we can also organise an airport pick-up service (see the ‘options’ section in the right column).
You will spend the night in Bastia.
During the first stage of this itinerary, you will cycle northwards to the Cape of Corsica, a wild and magnificent part of the island. You will ride along the east coast and cross the northern tip of Corsica via the Col de la Serra (365m).
You will spend the night in St Florent.
Distance: approximately 105km.
Min/max altitude: 1m/365m.
After leaving St Florent’s delightful bay, you will cycle to the famous Désert des Agriates and the Col de Vezzu (311m) in order to reach the Balagne and its authentic little mountain villages. From these heights, the view of the sea and the rest of the region is truly wonderful.
You will spend the night in Calvi.
Distance: approximately 130km.
Min/max altitude: 1m/692m.
One of the most beautiful coastal roads in Europe awaits you! This particular itinerary offers stunning views over Corsica’s wild coastline and its mysterious wind-shaped rocks, which appear to be melting under the blazing heat of the sun. A few kilometres after riding through the Col de Palmarella, the Gulf of Girolata and Scandola Natural Reserve will come into view.
You will spend the night in Porto.
Distance: approximately 83km.
Min/max altitude: 1m/408m.
With no obligations for the day, you will be able to do whatever you want! Spend a lazy day at the beach or your hotel... Or explore the village, the Scandola Natural Reserve and the Calanches de Piana by boat... We’ll leave all these different options up to you. A walk (or a ride) around the Calanches is also possible and definitely worth the effort since this porphyritic rock mass has been inscribed on UNESCO’s World Heritage List.
Cyclists, who feel brave enough to tackle the Col de Sevi (1101m), will also have the opportunity to go for a 100km ride around it.
You will spend the night in Porto.
Starting from Porto, today’s ride will lead you to climb the Col de Vergio (1477m) for 30km and to travel through magnificent landscapes such as those of the Spelunca Gorge or the mystical Aïtone forest. Then, you will cycle down for 35km, including fifteen through the extraordinary Scala di Santa Regina.
You will spend the night in Corte.
Distance: approximately 87km.
Min/max altitude: 3m/1477m.
You will leave Corte, the former capital of the island, and journey eastwards to the Castagniccia region, otherwise known as the birthplace of Corsica’s greatest men, such as Sambucucciu d’Alando and Pascal Paoli. With no less than four cols to climb, this stage is one of the hardest of this circuit, the best having been saved until last! Once you leave the mountains, you will reach the east coast and the town of Lucciana, which is located at the south end of Bastia.
You will spend the night in a 3 star hotel, not far away from the airport.
Distance: approximately 104km.
Min/max altitude: 1m/985m.
After breakfast, you will get a transfer to the port or airport of Bastia.
Your tour ends here.
Departures for groups formed on request
- Bastia. Contact us for assistance with your travel arrangements.
- Lucciana (south of Bastia).
- 7 nights in 2 and 3 star hotels.
- From four participants only.
- Approximately 80-110km a day with height gains between 800 and 2000m.
- Luggage transfers by vehicle.
- Supplement for single bedroom : 290€
- Renting a road bike : 150€
- Aluminium road bike rental (triple crankset) - SPECIALIZED Secteur Sport : 160€
- Aluminium road bike rental (compact crankset) - TREK Domane AL3 2018 : 170€
- Carbon road bike rental (V-brake) - LOOK 566 Ultegra : 200€
- Carbon road Bike rental (Disc brake) - TREK Emonda SL6 2018 : 250€
- Corsica Cycling Jersey : 39€
- GPS rental : 60€
- GPS tracks on USB stick : 25€
- Breakfasts from day 2 to 8, lunches (except during your day off in Porto), luggage transfers, support vehicle with driver, nights in two and three star hotels.
- Your transport from and to Bastia, beverages and evening meals, transfers which are not included in the tour, optional activities which are not included in the tour, personal travel insurance, bike rental, repair costs and personal expenses.