Explore the trails of the Mare e Monti North and enjoy some of the best coastal walks on the island. Between sea and scrubland, this trip takes you to one of the wildest and most unspoilt regions in Corsica. A truly unforgettable journey!
This itinerary includes nights in gîtes.
Your day by day program
Arrival in Galeria. Contact one of our walking specialists for information on how to get there from Calvi.
Dinner and night in Galeria.
Today’s stage takes you to the heart of the Scandola Nature Reserve, a UNESCO World Heritage Site. Its beautiful coves, turquoise waters and rock formations offer unique landscapes.
Girolata is an enchanting little fishing village, only accessible on foot or by boat. A heavenly place for hikers!
Altitude gain & loss: +900m, -900m.
Walking a coastline path called the ‘sentier des douaniers’, you soon head inland towards Curzu. A crestline trail also offers you great panoramic views over the rest of the island.
Altitude gain & loss: +1300m, -1200m.
Available alternative (5h00).
Your journey will take you to the turquoise waters of the Gulf of Porto. You will cross a river and discover the now desolate village of Pinetu. You will also be able to discover the beach of Bussaglia, which has often been described as the most beautiful beach in the Gulf of Porto. Finally, you will end today’s walk by stopping in Porto's famous port for the night.
Dinner at your own expense. Night in a hotel.
Height gain: +565m.
Height loss: -878m.
Today, you will walk through the majestic Calanches de Piana, a UNESCO World Heritage Site. During your walk, you will be able to enjoy stunning panoramic views along a tarmacked road. You will then take the 'Roches Bleues' trail, which will lead you to climb a path on the hilltops of the Calanches and reach Piana, one of the most beautiful villages in France.
Dinner at your own expense. Night in Piana.
Height gain: +1088m.
Height loss: -658m.
Your trip ends after breakfast. Possible transfer to Calvi, Porto or Ajaccio.
Everyday from the beginning of April to the end of September.
- 3 nights in gîtes (shared bedrooms) and 2 nights in hotels (double or twin bedrooms or one night in a shared bedroom, depending on which option you choose).
- From 2.
- You will need to be in good physical condition and used to walking regularly. Walking: from 3h30 to 6h00 a day.
- Luggage transfers not included - you will need to take your bags with you.
- Supplement for 2 nights in double or twin bedrooms : 100€
- Map of Corsica (1:25000) : 16€
- Evening meals (except in Porto and Piana), breakfasts, 3 nights in shared bedrooms, 2 nights in hotels (double or twin bedrooms), route notes, maps, local assistance.
- Transport options to the meeting point and from the point of dispersal, luggage transfers, personal travel insurance, beverages, visits of tourist sites, optional activities which are not included in the tour, personal expenses.
Mare e Monti North: Galéria - Piana comfort version
Corsica - Independent walking - 6 days / 5 nights