A 4-day stay on a barge to discover Holland by bike during the spring.
Statue of Hans Brinker, historic town of Haarlem, flower fields and Leiden, Rembrandt's birthplace. Included: excursions to the Keukenhof flower park, Aalsmeer flower auction, traditional Dutch windmill and tasting in a cheese farm.
The Tijdgeest barge (Class B +) is equipped with spacious cabins with a lower double bed or spacious cabins with 2 duplex beds (L-shaped just above each other). Cabins with private installations. The barge also has single, three- and four-bed cabins.
The barge Jelmar/Flora (Class A) has cabins with twin beds, all of which are equipped with a bathroom (extra charge +30€).
Your day by day program
After boarding in Amsterdam, you will sail to Spaarndam, the picturesque village of Hans Brinker. From there, you will follow the guide on a short bike tour to Haarlem. In the evening, your guide will take you to visit the old town and its historic centre.
Today, you sail to Lisse where you will disembark and go to the famous "Keukenhof" flower garden. Here, you will admire about 6 million tulips, hyacinths, daffodils and other flowers. After your visit, the tour will take you through the flower bulb fields and will end in Leiden.
In the morning, you will visit Leiden, Rembrandt's birthplace.
Later on, you will travel through the beautiful landscapes of the Dutch green heart to Kudelstaart. During this bike tour, you will be taken to a traditional cheese farm and a miller will share with you the history and operation of his windmill.
You get up early to visit the world's largest flower auction in Aalsmeer. After the visit, return on board and direction Amsterdam for your final disembarkation. End of the holiday.
Every saturdays and tuesdays in April and May:
Tijdgeest : 02/04/19 - 06/04/19 - 09/04/19 - 13/04/19 - 16/04/19 - 20/04/19 - 23/04/19 - 27/04/19 - 30/04/19 - 04/05/19 - 07/05/19.
Jelmar/Flora : 06/04/19 - 09/04/19 - 13/04/19 - 16/04/19 - 27/04/19 - 30/04/19 - 04/05/19 - 07/05/19.
Departures for groups formed on request
- Nights in double cabins, with bathroom and toilet. The boats vary according to the departure dates:
- Tijdgeest boat (Class B +)
- Flora boat (Class A)
- 20 to 37 person
- Accessible to all. Easy steps between 10 and 30 km per day. Flat route with very little difference in altitude.
- Bike rental : 80€
- Electrical bike rental (compulsory insurance included) : 175€
- Single bedroom extra charge (on demand and depending on availability) : 157€
- Discounted price if bringing your own bike : -10€
- 4 days / 3 nights on board a comfort barge (class A)
- Full board (breakfast + takeaway lunch + 3-course dinner)
- Bicycle and saddlebag
- Tourist information
- Guide (English speaking)
- Visit to the Keukenhof Flower Park
- Visit of a cheese farm
- Visit of a mill
- Visit to the Aalsmeer Flower Auction Market
- Several city visits
- Round trip travel (Amsterdam)
- Drinks on board
- Excursions outside the program