During past centuries, the 'sentier des douaniers' was the coastal path used by custom officers in the Cape of Corsica. Genoese towers and turquoise waters punctuate your walk between the villages of this stunning region. The fragrance, that the maquis (Corsican scrubland) and wild flowers give shed, denotes the character and liveliness of this colourful part of Corsica.
Your day by day program
Arrival in Bastia and check in at your hotel. You can enjoy this free time to discover the city and walk on the nice little streets.
30 mintues transfer to Cape Corsica. Starting in Macinaggio, the coastal path goes around the Cape's tip. Explore little secret coves, turquoise waters tinged with the heady scent of wild flowers.
Your hotel for the night is situated just opposite the island of Giraglia where many rare bird species breed, such as the Audoin's gull. On the islet are the ruins of a military building, planned by Napoleon. There is also a lighthouse, which was built in 1839.
Genoese towers and turquoise waters punctuate your walk to Centuri, one of the most beautiful harbours in the region. Centuri is also known and famous for its crayfish, as it has been rated as the best fishing port in France for crayfish.
Morning transfer from Centuri to Bastia, after breakfast.
Your trip ends here.
Every day from the beginning of May to the end of November.
- Hotels (double or twin bedrooms).
- 2 participants.
- Accessible to hikers capable of walking 4-5h00 a day on well-marked paths. No altitude gains.
- Luggage transfers by vehicle. Our team takes care of luggage transfers. You only need to carry your personal belongings with you during the walk.
- Single room : 120€
- Departures from mid june until mid september : 50€
- Single room from mid june to mid september : 180€
- Luggage transfers
- Transfers to and from Bastia
- Nights in accommodation
- Itinerary descriptions and maps on our app (a smartphone is required)
- 3 breakfasts
- Local telephone assistance
- Transfers not included in the programme
- Dinners and lunches
- Everything not included in the price