Also known as ‘Brugge die Scone’ or the ‘Little Venice of the North’, Bruges is in the eyes of many tourists the most beautiful town in Belgium. As a peaceful and enchanting little Belgian town, Bruges is the ideal location for a cycling holiday. The Flanders region will surely sweep you away with its unusual polder landscapes and the beautiful waters of the North Sea.
With this particular tour, you will be able to visit the historical centre of Bruges, with its medieval buildings, little canals and numerous chocolate shops. You will also have the opportunity to explore the Museum Gruuthusse or the Groeninge Museum.
A road-book with four optional itineraries will be provided. You can choose to ride the different stages in whichever order you want.
Calm roads and cycle path.
Your day by day program
Arrive in Bruges. Get settled into your hotel for the first night. Depending upon the time of your arrival, enjoy wandering around the historic centre of Bruges.
Today’s itinerary will enable you to discover the magnificent castles of the Torhout and Wijnendale region. You will visit, among others, the castle of Aertrycke, which was built in 1869 for the baron Auguste de Maere. Moreover, the castle’s park now belongs to the Belgian National Trust.
The other castle on your list is Wijnendaele, an eight centuries-old residence which was one of the Count of Flanders’ favourite home.
Start the day by cycling through the picturesque villages of Flanders, including Damme. This particular village is famous for its enchanting historical buildings. Every year, tourists stop there to admire its architecture and to enjoy the local culinary delicacies.
The enchanting and picturesque little village of Lissewege is located in the Flemish region. In many ways similar to the village of Damme, Lissewege will undoubtedly sweep you away with its white chalked houses and its spectacular church. Enjoy the peacefulness of this authentic little village.
During today’s stage, you will also have the opportunity to visit De Haan. Located in the Belgian province of West Flanders, this coastal town is famous for its Belle Epoque architectural features.
For the last day, follow the Bruges-Gand canal and ride amidst picturesque landscapes. During your ride, you will be able to see the Abbey of Saint Trudon in Male, which was once the castle of the Count of Flanders.
Your holiday ends after breakfast at your hotel in Bruges.
Every day from the 5th of March to the 31st of October 2022.
- At your hotel in Bruges.
- End of your tour in Bruges.
- 4-star hotels (double or twin bedroom with en-suite bathroom). In city centre (with free parking).
- From 2
- Easy. Accessible to everyone including children. Road surface: flat. Distance: from 52 and up to 69km a day.
- Renting a hybrid bike 4 days : 50€
- Electric bike rental 4 days : 105€
- Single supplement : 250€
- Mid-season supplement 28/03 to 31/05 and 29/08 to 31/10 : 75€
- High season supplement 01/06 until 31/08 : 25€
- 6 days/5 nights in standard version,
- 5 breakfasts,
- Bedroom with en-suite bathroom,
- information package with maps and road-books,
- Hotline service (including the week-end),
- possibility of half-board
- Transport options to the meeting point and from the point of dispersal,
- personal travel insurance,
- personal expenses,
- Tourist tax,
- Bike rental (optionnal).
Cycling the Canal du Midi: from Toulouse to the Mediterranean - 7 days comfort
Canal du Midi - Leisure cycling - E-bike tours - Self-guided - E-bike - 7 days / 6 nights