As a peaceful and enchanting little Belgian town, Bruges is the ideal location for a cycling holiday. The Flanders region will surely sweep you away with its unusual polder landscapes and the beautiful waters of the North Sea. Also known as ‘Brugge die Scone’ or the ‘Little Venice of the North’, Bruges is in the eyes of many tourists the most beautiful town in Belgium.
With this particular tour, you will be able to visit the historical centre of Bruges, with its medieval buildings, little canals and numerous chocolate shops. You will also have the opportunity to explore the Museum Gruuthusse or the Groeninge Museum.
A road-book with four optional itineraries will be provided. You can choose to ride the different stages in whichever order you want.
Your day by day program
Arrive in Bruges. Get settled into your hotel for the first night. Depending upon the time of your arrival, enjoy wandering around the historic centre of Bruges.
Today’s itinerary will enable you to discover the magnificent castles of the Torhout and Wijnendale region. You will visit, among others, the castle of Aertrycke, which was built in 1869 for the baron Auguste de Maere. Moreover, the castle’s park now belongs to the Belgian National Trust.
The other castle on your list is Wijnendaele, an eight centuries-old residence which was one of the Count of Flanders’ favourite home.
Start the day by cycling through the picturesque villages of Flanders, including Damme. This particular village is famous for its enchanting historical buildings. Every year, tourists stop there to admire its architecture and to enjoy the local culinary delicacies.
The enchanting and picturesque little village of Lissewege is located in the Flemish region. In many ways similar to the village of Damme, Lissewege will undoubtedly sweep you away with its white chalked houses and its spectacular church. Enjoy the peacefulness of this authentic little village.
During today’s stage, you will also have the opportunity to visit De Haan. Located in the Belgian province of West Flanders, this coastal town is famous for its Belle Epoque architectural features. Albert Einstein also took up residence there in the year 1933.
Make the most out of your last day of cycling and finish your holiday with an unusual itinerary. Follow the Bruges-Gand canal and ride amidst picturesque landscapes. During your ride, you will be able to see the Abbey of Saint Trudon in Male, which was once the castle of the Count of Flanders.
Your holiday ends after breakfast at your hotel.
Every day from the 22nd of March to the 27th of October 2019.
- Your hotel in Bruges.
- Your hotel in Bruges.
- 4 star hotels with sauna (double or twin bedroom with en-suite bathroom). Near city centre.
- From 2
- Easy. Accessible to everyone including children. Road surface: flat. Distance: from 55 and up to 69km a day.
- Renting a hybrid bike 4 days : 50€
- Electric bike rental 4 days : 105€
- Supplement for nights in single bedrooms : 155€
- Summer supplement (15/06 - 27/08) : 35€
- 4 star hotel in an ancient convent within the historic centre of Bruges (Premium version) : 90€
- GPS tracks on USB stick : 25€
- Supplement Half Board : 110€
- Supplement for nights in single bedrooms ( premium version) : 230€
- Nights in 4 star hotels with sauna, 5 breakfasts, information package with maps and road-books, welcome beverage, discount card for museum entrance fees, free parking space((Unless you choose the hotel in the center of Bruges - 9 € per day).
- Transport options to the meeting point and from the point of dispersal, personal travel insurance, lunches and evening meals, personal expenses,Tourist tax.
Cycling the Canal du Midi from Toulouse to Carcassonne - Mini-break (5 days) standard hotels
Canal du Midi - Leisure cycling - E-bike tours - Self-guided - E-bike - 5 days / 4 nights
Cycling the Canal du Midi: from Toulouse to the Mediterranean - Two stars hotels
Canal du Midi - Leisure cycling - E-bike tours - Self-guided - E-bike - 7 days / 6 nights