Also known as ‘Brugge die Scone’ or the ‘Little Venice of the North’, Bruges is in the eyes of many tourists the most beautiful town in Belgium. As a peaceful and enchanting little Belgian town, Bruges is the ideal location for a cycling holiday. The Flanders region will surely sweep you away with its unusual polder landscapes and the beautiful waters of the North Sea.
With this particular tour, you will be able to visit the historical centre of Bruges, with its medieval buildings, little canals and numerous chocolate shops. You will also have the opportunity to explore the Museum Gruuthusse or the Groeninge Museum.
A road-book with four optional itineraries will be provided. You can choose to ride the different stages in whichever order you want.
Calm roads and cycle path.
Possibility to make this tour in 5 days / 4 nights (on request).
Your day by day program
Arrive in Bruges. Get settled into your hotel for the first night. Depending upon the time of your arrival, enjoy wandering around the historic centre of Bruges.
Today’s itinerary will enable you to discover the magnificent castles of the Torhout and Wijnendale region. You will visit, among others, the castle of Aertrycke, which was built in 1869 for the baron Auguste de Maere. Moreover, the castle’s park now belongs to the Belgian National Trust.
The other castle on your list is Wijnendaele, an eight centuries-old residence which was one of the Count of Flanders’ favourite home.
Start the day by cycling through the picturesque villages of Flanders, including Damme. This particular village is famous for its enchanting historical buildings. Every year, tourists stop there to admire its architecture and to enjoy the local culinary delicacies.
The enchanting and picturesque little village of Lissewege is located in the Flemish region. In many ways similar to the village of Damme, Lissewege will undoubtedly sweep you away with its white chalked houses and its spectacular church. Enjoy the peacefulness of this authentic little village.
During today’s stage, you will also have the opportunity to visit De Haan. Located in the Belgian province of West Flanders, this coastal town is famous for its Belle Epoque architectural features.
For the last day, follow the Bruges-Gand canal and ride amidst picturesque landscapes. During your ride, you will be able to see the Abbey of Saint Trudon in Male, which was once the castle of the Count of Flanders.
Your holiday ends after breakfast at your hotel in Bruges.
Every day from the 20th of March to the 27th of October 2020.
- At your hotel in Bruges.
- End of your tour in Bruges.
- 4 star hotels (double or twin bedroom with en-suite bathroom). Near city centre (with free parking). Hôtel Velotel****, comfortable located close to the town center of Bruges, direct acces to the cycle paths, has a terrace and friendly garden.
- From 2
- Easy. Accessible to everyone including children. Road surface: flat. Distance: from 52 and up to 69km a day.
- Renting a hybrid bike 4 days : 50€
- Electric bike rental 4 days : 105€
- Rental child bike, 3rd wheel and trailer : 45€
- Child seat : 12€
- Insurance: bike : 12€
- Insurance: e-bike : 20€
- Summer supplement (15/06 - 27/08) - standard version : 35€
- Single supplement - standard version : 160€
- Half Board supplement (x5) - standard version : 110€
- Premium version supplement (NH Hotel Brugge**** - located into a former convent on the 't Zand square, 800 m away from the Grand-Place) : 75€
- Mid-season supplement 27/03 to 31/05 - Premium version : 50€
- High season supplement 27/06 to 27/08 - Premium version : 35€
- Single supplement - Premium version : 235€
- Half Board supplement (x5) - Premium version : 145€
- Extra night in Brugges B&B - Premium version : 75€
- Deluxe version supplement (Hotel Navarra**** - charming hotel well reknown located in a somptuous setting in Bruges center, with nice bedrooms, swimingpool, wellness area and a beautiful garen!) : 160€
- High season supplement 20/03 to 31/05 and 28/08 to 30/10 - Deluxe version : 60€
- Friday and Saturday supplement + 11-12/04, 21-23/05, 30-31/05 - Deluxe version : 15€
- Single supplement - Deluxe version : 295€
- Single supplement 20/03 to 31/05 and 28/08 to 30/10 - Deluxe version : 325€
- 6 days/5 nights in standard version (hotel Velotel****),
- 5 breakfasts,
- Bedroom with en-suite bathroom,
- information package with maps and road-books,
- Hotline service (including the week-end),
- possibility of half-board
- Transport options to the meeting point and from the point of dispersal,
- personal travel insurance,
- personal expenses,
- Tourist tax,
- Evening meals (optionnal),
- bike rental (optionnal).
Cycling the Canal du Midi from Toulouse to Carcassonne - Mini-break (5 days) standard hotels
Canal du Midi - Leisure cycling - E-bike tours - Self-guided - E-bike - 5 days / 4 nights
Cycling the Canal du Midi: from Toulouse to the Mediterranean - Two stars hotels
Canal du Midi - Leisure cycling - E-bike tours - Self-guided - E-bike - 7 days / 6 nights