Although renowned for its superb food and some of the best wines in Italy, Piedmont is a true paradise for gourmets, this region also displays a truly magnificent landscape of gentle green hills and lovely valleys with picturesque villages tucked away and waiting to be explored!
Your day by day program
The first capital of Italy in the year 1861, rich of royal residences, Turin is a former industrial city which now, after the Winter Games 2006, reveals itself as a cultural city. The city offers to visitors the Egyptian Museum (the 2dn in the world), the Cinema Museum (the only one in Italy) and the Automobile Museum, all recently renovated. Along his four rivers and in the city there are 200 km of cyclepaths.
The way is flat. From Turin you cycle along the Po river and its small affluents on cycle paths and small roads to the foot of the mountains; you get to the hunting palace of Stupinigi, royal residence of the Savoy family, masterpiece of the architect Filippo Juvarra in rococo style; then park by park, always along the rivers, you get to Pinerolo in a very pleasant way. The selfguided can taste and visit the food museum in Frossasco. Overnight stay in the delicious Pinerolo, medieval town where in the past there was one of the most famous schools of cavalry in Italy.
About 51 km
The way is flat. Along country roads crossing orchards and vineyards, you get to Cavour with its curious “Rocca”, a morainic hill just in the middle of the flat, at the present time protected area. Overnight in Saluzzo, medieval town and realm of fruits, above all kiwi exported in all world.
About 46 km.
Today the way is medium/easy; there are some easy ups after Fossano. On the way you can visit the very pleasant castles of Manta and Costigliole, the ancient roman town of Benevagienna and its archeological area. You arrive in Cherasco (7 century of story and art) or in Bra, the capital of gourmet, hometown of the "Slow Food" movement.
About 69 km
Day medium/easy; we are in Langhe area. In Pollenzo, the roman Pollentia, there is the University of taste and here we taste a good wine; then you will cycle to Alba along the river Tanaro, perfectly flat, but in the middle of the way we go with some ups to Barolo, famous for its wine. There is the possibility to do the tour in the hills. Overnight in Alba, the town of the white truffle and of the high houses-towers.
About 39 or 55 km
Medium or easy way. Today we are in Roero area. On the way there are the castles of Guarene and Cisterna. The 1st part along the river Tanaro and after two possibilities, continue along the river or continue in the hill. Overnight in Asti, chief town very rich of history, famous for the white wine “spumante” and his Palio, historical running of horses. For the group tasty of chocolate and torrone.
Ca 45 or 55 km
Medium difficulty. We cycle on the charming hills of the Monferrato, another part of the gourmet system. From Moncalvo you can have a very pleasant view on the surrounding vineyards. In the afternoon , after a last taste in a “agriturismo” (only for the group), you reach Casale, barock town at the foot of the hills of Monferrato, along the river Po.
About 56 km
End of services after breakfast ; possibility of return to Torino by train or by private minibus (own bike included).
Every Saturday from March 27 to September 25 (minimum 2 people)
Other dates : daily departure from 4 people and more, or with a supplement of 50 euros per person with less than 4 people.
- At your arrival at the hotel in Turin.
- In the morning of the 8th day, after the breakfast
- Accommodation in 4 stars hotel
- 2 people minimum
- Medium/easy; cycle paths and small roads; some dirt patches in fairly good conditions; flat from Torino to Fossano; some easy hills in the Langhe to Barolo and in the Monferrato from Asti to Casale; some possibilities to choose between short/long and easy/medium leg.
- Baggage transfer from hotel to hotel
- Single room supplement : 245€
- Rental bike (24-speed bike with free-wheel + 1 pannier bag & 1 tool kit) : 90€
- Rental E-bike (+ 1 pannier bag) : 190€
- Bike tachymeter : 10€
- Safety helmet : 5€
- GPS tracks on USB stick : 25€
- Price per person for an extra night in Turin (double room) : 95€
- Price for an extra night in Turin (single room) : 65€
- Price per person for an extra night in Casale (double room) : 75€
- Price for an extra night in Casale (single room) : 30€
- Non Saturday departure (if less than 4 participants) : 50€
- High season (from August 28th to September 25th included) extra charge single room : 20€
- High season (from August 28th to September 25th included) extra charge double room : 10€
- Supplement per person for a return journey by minibus between Casale and Turin (for a group of 4 people including bikes transport for at least 2 people) - Reservation required in advance : 35€
- Supplement per person for a return journey by between Casale and Turin (for a group of 8 people including bikes transport) - Reservation required in advance : 25€
- · Accommodation in 4 stars hotel
- · Bed & breakfast buffet
- · Luggage transport
- · travel documents (route description, maps, tips for sightseeing,..)
- · Service-hotline
- · Personal tour information upon arrival in Turin
- · Arrival and departure transfer
- · Lunches & diners
- · Tips
- · Personal extras
- · Everything not specified in “the rate includes”